iPHONE’S SIRI NOW HAS MALE VOICE
iPhone users who are familiar with the female voice of the electronic personal assistant “Siri” – and dislike that voice – will now be able to replace it with a male voice.
Apple announced earlier this week that the behind-the-scenes voicework for the male version of Siri is done – and will be included with the next operating system update.
The worst job in America is a newspaper reporter. It's worse than being a lumberjack, soldier or oil rig worker, all three of which are known for being dangerous and low-paying. That's the word from CareerCast.com, which for 25 years has ranked the best and worst jobs in the U.S. based on five factors: physical demands, work environment, income, stress and hiring outlook. Why are newspaper reporters in such sad shape? CareerCast.com blames it on ever-shrinking newsrooms, dwindling budgets and competition from Internet businesses. In addition, newspaper reporters have high stress and tight deadlines combined with low pay and a requirement to work in all conditions to get the story. Job security is nil. The estimated revenue for the newspaper industry as a whole has shrunk by half since 2006 -- and it's still falling.
The worst jobs of 2013 and the average pay:
The best jobs of 2013 and the average pay:
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MEMORIAL DAY
1. Memorial Day was originally called Decoration Day.
2. Decoration Day was suggested by General John A Logan, leader of a civil war veterans' association. The first Decoration Day was held on 30th May, 1868. The reason for this choice was that no battle had taken place on this day.
3. Today's participants would have recognized some of the common celebrations of Memorial Day. One the first ever Decoration Day, there were speeches and soldiers' graves were decorated.
4. By 1890, each northern state was marking Decoration Day as an official state holiday; celebrations took place on different days in the southern states.
5. The origins of Memorial Day go back to the Civil War, when more lives were lost than in any other war in US history.
6. Waterloo, New York, which held its first celebrations of the day in 1866, was named the birthplace of Memorial Day by the federal government.
7. Decoration Day evolved into Memorial Day and was gradually extended to include all American military personnel who had died in different wars.
8. Memorial Day was celebrated on May 3oth for almost a century. The date changed to the last Monday in May following the passing of the Uniform Monday Holiday Act in 1968.
9. The day became a federal holiday in 1971.
10. Some of the biggest Memorial Day parades are in Washington, DC, Chicago and New York.
11. Poppy wearing originates with John McCrae's In Flanders Fields poem.
12. An additional observance on Memorial Day is the moment of remembrance, a minute of silence at 3PM local time on Memorial Day. This became law in 2000.
Pizza Delivery Record
DHL Express has been awarded the Guinness record for the largest pizza delivery in history. Last summer, DHL transported 30,000 pizzas to American GI’s serving in Afghanistan. It was part of an effort to give the troops a taste of home for July 4th. The non-profit Pizzas 4 Patriots organized the massive pizza party.